Most of us have spent the month of January trying to undo the damage we’ve done to our waistlines over the holidays. It would be a shame to erase all our progress on Super Bowl Sunday, the second biggest food consumption day after Thanksgiving.
We want you to enjoy the big game without the big splurge. Consider some of our tips and recipes to keep your resolutions intact.
TIPS TO AVOID INDULGING AT A PARTY:
- On the way to the party, eat an apple to take the edge off your hunger.
- Consider the one plate-one bite rule. You can have one plate of party food and one bite of each thing you put on it.
RECIPE IDEAS THAT WILL BE A CROW PLEASER:
- Chicken wings are a staple at every football party, close to one billion are consumed on the day of the big game. Instead of deep-frying them, rub them with lemon juice and chili powder, mist them lightly with olive oil, and bake them, or try the Buffalo Cauliflower Bites (recipe below). Try dipping them in Calorie-Free Walden Farms Blue Cheese dressing.
- Make a colorful and appealing veggie tray using a wider variety of produce including red, yellow, and green bell peppers, Chinese pea pods, sliced zucchini, and sliced jicama, which is a crispy edible root with a flavor similar to the radish. Walden Farms Chipotle Ranch dressing makes a yummy dip without adding any calories.
- Instead of brownies, cookies, and ice cream for dessert, make individual fruit kebabs. Add a bowl of Cool Whip Sugar-Free as an accent. Two tablespoons contain 15 calories.
RM3 & HCG RECIPE IDEAS:
-100 grams raw shrimp (approximately 10-12 medium shrimp steamed)
-3 ounces tomato paste
-2 tablespoons lemon juice
-1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
-1 teaspoon hot sauce
-1/8 teaspoon of horseradish or to taste
-Dash of mustard powder
-Stevia to taste
-Salt and pepper to taste
-Water as needed for desired consistency
Mix tomato paste, vinegar, horseradish, lemon juice and spices together and allow spices to marinate and dipping sauce to chill.
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
-2 medium heads of cauliflower
-¼ teaspoon garlic power
-¼ teaspoon salt
-¼ teaspoon paprika
-1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
-Preheat the oven to 450°F.
-Combine the garlic powder, salt, paprika and Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce in a bowl and stir until well combined.
-Coat the cauliflower pieces with the mixture and place in a shallow baking dish.
-Bake for 18 minutes.
Salsa Egg White Bites
-3 hard-boiled eggs
-1 teaspoon salsa in each half
-Slice hard-boiled eggs in half.
-Remove yolk from eggs.
-Chill, if needed.
-Place 1 teaspoon of salsa in each half.
-2 strawberries mashed or pureed
-Juice of lemon half
-Stevia to taste
-8 ounces water (plain or sparkling mineral water)
-Mix lemon juice and pureed strawberries in a glass.
-Pour over ice and sweeten with Stevia.
Makes 1 serving (1 fruit)
Homemade Diet Soda
-8 ounces sparkling mineral water
-Flavored Stevia to taste
Your choice of 3-5 tablespoons fresh orange, lemon, or apple juice (optional)
-Add flavored Stevia to sparkling mineral water to taste. The most commonly available options are orange, grape, vanilla, chocolate, and root beer. There are many flavors of Stevia on the market. Shop at your local health food store or online to find additional flavors.
-Add fresh lemon or lime juices and slices to make a lemon lime flavor. Get creative. Try combining flavors like orange and vanilla to create a dreamsicle soda.
Makes 1 serving
Have a happy, healthy and safe day on Sunday!!
*Individual results may vary. Seek medical advice before starting any weight loss program. Contact Red Mountain Weight Loss to make sure this is the right solution for you.