Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching. For those of us trying to stick to our New Year’s resolutions, that can mean an all out war between the metaphorical devil and angel sitting on the shoulders of our food conscious mind. From decadent truffles to 2,000-calorie steak dinners, Valentine’s Day poses a real threat to our health goals.
Beat the temptation this year and have a romantic night in! A lobster dinner is the perfect way to set a romantic tone and stick to your diet plan. The low calorie shellfish is full of vitamins and minerals. One serving has only 129 calories and a whopping 28 grams of protein!
You might be thinking… “How am I going to find the time and skills to make lobster!?” Lobsters luxurious reputation has made many of us shy away from cooking it at home. Fortunately you don’t have to be the next Iron Chef to make a delicious lobster dish. This quick and easy recipe takes less than 20 minutes and calls for just six simple ingredients.
So don’t let cupid strike you with his chocolate arrow this year! Avoid temptations while satisfying your taste buds with this lavish protein-packed feast.
Here is the delicious recipe:
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8 oz – Lobster Tail (makes 2 portions)
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Juice of ½ of Lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
1. Preheat grill for high heat.
2. Squeeze lemon juice into two small bowls. Set one bowl aside and in the other whisk in salt, paprika, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Split lobster tail lengthwise with a large knife.
4. Brush flesh side of tail with lemon marinade.
5. Place tails, flesh side down, on preheated grill.
6. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, and basting frequently with marinade.
7. Lobster is done when opaque and firm to the touch.
8. Sprinkle fresh dill on lobster and serve along with the side of lemon juice (to dip or pour) and side of grilled asparagus.
9. For desert, serve delectable Chocolate Covered Strawberries, using fresh strawberries and Walden Farms No Calorie Chocolate Dip.
*Individual results may vary. Seek medical advice before starting any weight loss program. Contact Red Mountain Weight Loss to make sure this is the right solution for you.